1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Git'r'Clean

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by drivewaydoctor, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Working in the Asphalt/Interlock/Cement industry these trucks take a beating and boy oh boy do they get DIRTY! The detailing and interior shampooing took the shop 5 hours. lol...

One by one we've started putting them in the detailing shop to be cleaned, buffed and polished for winter!

Once all trucks are done we will be tossing the plows on them and we will officially be ready for winter!

Bring on the snow!

trucks.jpg

2. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Sending mine trucks in too... was quoted $100 each. Interior only and shampoo.... really cant be bothered this yr to do myself

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Even if I had a fleet of trucks i would still be too cheap to have someone else do it haha

4. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

specially when used for the sealcoating

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Just in time,our County is putting down their pretreat today...lol

6. lol believe me it was a tough decision to put brand new trucks on the road sealcoating.

I just think image is extremely important.

7. dodgegmc1213

Yes it is..theres a company around here with a gmc 3500 dump and a 500gal seal tank. The way his truck looks you'd think he never does any work. Found out he has his guys clean the truck twice a day inside and out everyday...every morning because a little dust might of got on it and every night when they come back from working. Talk about image! Lol

8. That's a little over the top. Lol

During the summer I do have the trucks detailed every week.

We keep our tanks and tools in enclosed trailers so the trucks don't become a mess.

9. dodgegmc1213

My dodge hasnt been cleaned since winter lol
    Our ford with the tank maybe once during the summer lol
    and the gmc...well its just time for that to go.

my truck doesnt seal unless once in a blue moon I need to haul our small tank but mainly has mud all over it Thumbs Up. the ford gets some sealer on it but mainly from the mist of the spray, alil oil flo at the end of the season and she looks new