1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting two push's for the price of one

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yellowsnow, Feb 8, 2004.

1. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Junior Member
    from midwest

I have a parking lot I do, its a new restaurant they are building so theres contractors there all the time, there trucks, piles of wood and scrap to plow around. Anyways we got a storm about a week or two ago, 3" he told me not to come since hes not open for buisness yet. A few days ago we got another storm 6" now theres a lot of snow at this lot and he wants me come. Took me twice as long, snow and ice packed down, contractors there working etc.. Should I just charge him the rate of a 9" snow fall or more for the extra time I needed to spend.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

charge him for the extra time it took you. If he asks tell him it took you longer because of the amount of snow and because he waited so long for you to plow. :D :D
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I would say the charges should reflect your time spent plowing the lot. Unplowed snow from previous storms, packed down because it wasn't plowed, obstacles, and anything else will need to be factored into the price. UNLESS, your contract specifically limits you from adding charges for these factors. If you are able to bill for the additional time, provided a detailed explanation of why the additional charges. We always state on our invoices length of the storm, the amount of snow, the number of times we made full pushes, partial pushes(clean entrances, main parking spots, etc), clean-up, drifts, icing, etc.. Sidewalk & snow blowing, salt applied. Sand & salting entire lot. Better safe and cover your behind, besides justifying your charges. It also presents a more professional image.
  4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Pull out your tape measure and if you can measure 9 inches then bill him for 9.
    if you can't measure 9 because it was dirven over by the contractors then make him aware that the next time this happens there will be an upcharge.
  5. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I would charge for 9" This time and explain to him that you will charge him for a 3" push and a 6" push if it happens again. I dont know how your price structure is set up but I would make more $ if I charged for 2 pushes.