1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Truck Lettered Up

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by P.M.L.C, Feb 3, 2014.

1. P.M.L.C

P.M.L.C Junior Member

got a quote to get my front bug deflector the eyebrow and the tailgate all lettered up. don't know what it costs to really do the lettering so I was wondering if anyone knows.
  2. KubotaJr

KubotaJr Senior Member

Well what did you get for a price?
  3. P.M.L.C

P.M.L.C Junior Member

I got $225 as a price, wanted to see what everyone else thought it would be before I mentioned it
  4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

I got my tailgate, box and driver and passenger door for $290.
  5. P.M.L.C

P.M.L.C Junior Member

okay so I should be in the clear at $225, great
  6. ByDesign

ByDesign Senior Member

Just the driver and passenger doors for me was $450. Sounds like a deal to me.
  7. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I used to be in the vinyl sign business. Many factors determine the price. Material quality does vary.
  8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

My 2 doors with logo number etc cost around 220 total I think. Seems like a good price
  9. P.M.L.C

P.M.L.C Junior Member

thanks everyone, answers were helpful
  10. vintage steel

vintage steel Member

I would call around. This cost me $150:
    It was done by: First class graphics and signs, Coeur d'Alene, ID (208) 699-5000
  11. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

^^^^ U got an AMAZING deal 2 say the least!!! We used 2 do a good amount of vinyl work, and I would've charged $500+ for design, cut/weed and apply. Looks good tho!
  12. kj3033

kj3033 Junior Member

My driver, passenger and tailgate for $500, made it back same day just driving down the street. Picked up a side job for $1150
  13. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I find it ironic that we hate low ballers when it is about the snow business. If we could get away with it, I am sure lots of things would be done to the low ballers to "teach them a lesson". Yet we find it acceptable to seek out and hire the vinyl sign business low ballers when looking for lettering for our vehicles.
  14. wewille

wewille Senior Member

You couldn't have said it better.
  15. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I probably said it so well that nobody else wanted to brag about the "deal" they got...lol.
  16. vlc

vlc Senior Member

I got a great deal! $400 for 4 doors and 2 tailgates. But he's a relative, so he hooked me up. [​IMG]
  17. anythinglabor

anythinglabor Junior Member

you guys drank more than me -

a decent cricut machine is typically 300$ or less - paying around that same price for a few logos is def. not a wise business decision. I put all mine on by myself (in the dark & freezing cold) in about 10 minutes w/ no prior experience.

Do some research and save $$$
  18. NorthernProServ

NorthernProServ PlowSite Veteran

Got two trucks done, drivers/passenger side front and back. Came to $180.00 with logo.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  19. BossPlow614

BossPlow614 2000 Club Member

And I'm sure yours look wonderful :rolleyes:
  20. anythinglabor

anythinglabor Junior Member

I've seen worse - i have 60$ into two trucks

driver / passenger side door, and tailgate on both.

I agree with the "Low ball" aspect of things, but I have a few other businesses in the works that benefit from vinyls, along with potential truck upgrades / vehicle changes, etc. I was quoted 290$ a truck, from a long term financial aspect I had no choice but to see what kind of deal I could really work.... If they would have said 350 or 400 for the pair, I would have paid the money.

- Tim

photo 2.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014