1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting the VX ready for the season what hose length and size to buy?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by CornerStoneProp, Oct 27, 2014.

1. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

My plow is now has about 4 seasons on it and I am thinking of replacing the hoses as a precaution to avoid failure this year. Does anyone know off hand the length and size of hoses for the VX85? I am sure I can just get off my lazy butt and measure them, but would be easier if someone has already done that! I am waiting on cutting edges and some wings this year looking forward to starting the season with a fully functional machine that is completely serviced and ready. I have had good luck with the plow since it was taken care of a few years ago if anyone is looking for a good review, I can give you that! I have many hours of commercial snow removal with the plow and it has performed almost flawlessly except for a defective lift ram which I replaced last year and have not had a problem since. I did remove the tank and clean out the entire system this year already, as well as lube everything that moves. The truckside is all new as I got a new truck, but I did apply grease to the power and light connectors again to avoid failure when I need it most. Is there anything else you are doing to winterize the plow to avoid failure?

2. Pit Crew

Pit Crew Senior Member

How did you grease the main center pin for the two halves of the blade? Ican`t believe there is no grease fittings there. I just got a new vx 85 in the spring, haven`t got to use it yet. Looking forward to it. I plowed the last 18yrs with a myer 7.5 straight blade.

3. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

I just shot some lithium grease in there better then dry. They make a needle attachment for a grease gun I will most likely go buy.