1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting the truck ready a little early need your opinions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 97S104x4, Aug 15, 2011.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

so before i go back to school i wanted to get my truck 100% ready for the winter, so when the snow comes i wont be scrambling to get it ready.

so far i have replaced both my CV boots because they were blown so thats out of the way.

next i belive my truck needs new torsion bars. its a 97 s10 with a 6.5 ft meyers steel plow. ive been plowing with this truck for 3 years now and the bars are cranked all the way up and it looks like its riding at stock height. now what im wondering is should i get new keys as well for a little extra lift or not bother??

also i was thinking about getting timbrens and putting those in. do u guys feel it is worth the 200 dollars for bump stops pretty much?

and finally i need new tires!! cause these goodyear duratracs suck!!
    how do you guys feel about general grabbers? pretty cheap and ive heard they last a while, and do look a little aggressive

2. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

If your t-bars are holding up your truck, I wouldn't spend the money on new ones. Unless you need it higher.

3. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

thats the plan i need the front end higher, right now with the bars cranked to the max its at stock height and when i put the plow up its really low. so im pretty sure the bars are shot being as they are only on an s10 with 4 years of heavy plowing and 150k miles.

4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Do you have a good amount of ballast behind your rear axle?