1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting the truck lettered,

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chriso3wj, Sep 3, 2010.

1. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

Getting the truck lettered what do ya think?

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I think you need to have a picture to get an opinion! Seriously no picture is posted!
  3. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

Thats odd it shows when I open it....
  4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I would go with the second one, the blue lettering in the first one seems a bit difficult to see over the red.
  5. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

The picture on the right looks the best definately stands out better and will get peoples attention more.They both look nice but imo the one on the right is definately gonna stand out better.
  6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Could not agree more. The blue is too dark. Looks great, otherwise!:nod:
  7. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

Also the rear where the fx4 off road is, but will be the same colors and letters as the tailgate...
    thanks for the input..:waving:

8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Go for the version on the right. That rear quarter panel looks great
  9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I like the red lettering. (But get rid of the hall of mirrors midget in shorts in the center, he looks unprofessional.)
  10. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

lol thats the guy that is doing the lettering...xysport Can't help it I keep my truck clean..
  11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

They show up now, they didn't show up before....right one is much better IMO
  12. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I think if you want people to call you, you shouldn't cover up your phone number.

Okay now that I got that out of that way, because of my poor self control.

White looks good, but I really wanted to compliment you on the placement of your reverse lights, they look very clean and professional there.

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I love the reverse light too. I was going to do mine the same way, but I knew it would give my local cops another reason to pull me over. You know, because if the layed on the ground to the left of my truck they couldn't see the first letter of my license plate with one eye closed.
  14. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

Thanks guy, I like the one on the left as well and the light work really well there. I have them on a switch as well as tapped into the reverse lights. I will post some pictures when its done.xysport
  15. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Definitely the one on the right. The blue lettering just doesn't show up well enough and I think it clashes a bit with the truck color.

I noticed the 315 area code. Where in upstate NY are you from?
    My family is from Marietta NY on otisco lake. I pretty much grew up there. My grandmother now lives in Westvale, but for the most part the family has all gone to different parts of the country. Its a great area there.
  16. chriso3wj

chriso3wj Member

im in the Dewitt area

17. BamBamm5144

BamBamm5144 Junior Member

I think the number needs to be bigger. Most people aren't going to be that close especially when the weather is bad.

Also, if you have a website, put it on the truck. People are able to remember a "blahblah.com" much easier than 10 numbers.

Otherwise, go with the white. Easier on the eyes.

Just my opinion...