1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

GETTING THE THE HOOD STARTED AT -32c

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Jan 7, 2009.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

after spending 8 weeks in the south because of my dad's heart problems. i returned to the KINGDOM only to find i had to plow lots of snow. so i decided to fire up the d6 9u know as THE HOOD to do the plowing. it was a little fun to start a cat that had not run in 4 months at -32C.

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1020537.JPG

2. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Pony motor cat I assume. Whole can of ether or what? Now you just need to leave it running for the rest of the winter!

3. KingofObsolete

i left the cat run for 4 days when we did THE ROCKET TOUR in march of last year. all my cats have electric starters with no glow plugs. me and the pup motors have never gotten along for some reason, LOL

http://kingofobsolete.ca/rocket_tour_WEBPAGE.htm

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

4. KingofObsolete

i got THE HOOD plugged in over night and will be doing a little snow plowing today since it has warmed up to -24C, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

5. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

just put a little smudge bucket under it and a tarp over it, should be ready to go in 2 or 3 hours

6. KingofObsolete

fireball, i use a propane heater and a tarp when things get bad like on my 922 loader.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=73044

today THE HOOD fire right up with a little help from the ether bunny, after a good warm up a drove to town to plow one driveway. then drove back to the KINGDOM, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1020790.JPG

P1020795.JPG

P1020796.JPG

P1020801.JPG

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Your Serious! Thats awesome! LOL!!!

8. KingofObsolete

thansk, here is THE HOOD last winter working hard. not bad for a 60 year old cat that was under water for 3 years, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

more d6 fun  feb 8 2008 001.jpg

more d6 fun  feb 8 2008 002.jpg

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics, your place is like something out of a movie!! keep posting more please!

10. raceyz125

raceyz125 Junior Member
    from IL

Unbelievable. Drove it to town? How far it that? Don't you freeze your butt off? Love reading about the Kingdom. Pretty amazing stuff that you have done in the past. Thanks for sharing.

11. KingofObsolete

12. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

-32 and no enclosed cab, ouch! I will remember that next time I'm out blowing snow and start to complain that it's too cold! lol

Really enjoy the website too!

- Dan

13. KingofObsolete

thansk dan, the cat has no cab for when we are working on ice. if the cat falls through the ice, the operator can escape out the top, i have done it a couple of times.
    THE HOOD with the windsheild and canvas makes it comfortable in the operators seat.
    here is a picture from last winter when i was moving a 1/2 million dollar diamond drill around with a cat that has a value of scrap metal, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

scarborough drill move  feb 15 2008 003.jpg