1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting the sander all mounted.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Oct 24, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

getting the sander all cleaned up and ready for winter, noticed the top grate is shot so i need a new one, im also gonna replace spinner frame or what ever its called where the spinner is attached to thats pretty rusted as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Should work well.

Looks more like a spreader then a sander to me.:D

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

You'll have to forgive Ben a little Chris, after all he thinks his Dodge is a truck too :eek:

:jester:

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

99% of the guys I would have let that go.

I checked the KBB but couldn't find sanders listed. Found them on Home Depot's website though.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Your mom doesn't mind you putting that in the back of her truck?

6. THEGOLDPRO

lol sander spreader whatever, i have always called it a sander :)

7. THEGOLDPRO

she was alittle mad, but i told her she could use it to spread fert on the lawn and she agreed.

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

At least you took it smiling and knew we are all J/K with you.

Some guys would have lost it and we could of had a 20 page debate/bashing.wesport

9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

your truck is the same color as my 01 but mines factory 2 tone cool and yours is 5 spd also. you need tow mirrors

10. THEGOLDPRO

id love a 5 speed v10

11. randomb0b123

from america

ya itll def move it has headers and dual straight pipes, still has cats :mad: and a k and n

12. THEGOLDPRO

is it stupid loud or not too bad? i have been wanting to put an exhaust on my v10 but dont want it to be too loud.

13. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

how do u like those tarco sanders?? i just looked at 1 never heared to much about them

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have the exhaust done on one of my 98's and I'm glad I don't drive that every day. I guess people like that stuff, I hate it.

15. THEGOLDPRO

they are good units, this one is 10 years old, only downside i have found with this sander is the floors aren't stainless, so eventually you will need to replace the floor on it due to the salt. we had to re-weld a new floor in 3 years ago, other then that its a great unit. nothing but basic maintenance in 10 years other then 1 new floor pan, and 1 chain.

16. randomb0b123

from america

it is loud, not loud like my cummins its a different kind of loud you can def hear it but it isnt annoying, when im towing something heavy and have to go up a fairly steep grade and it starts working then it gets pretty loud

17. THEGOLDPRO

hmmmm i just dont want it to be stupid loud while plowing drives

18. randomb0b123

from america

hmmm it might be a little loud for that because it will obviously be working when plowing snow.. how do you think a straight piped cummins sounds pushing hahahaha:nod:

19. THEGOLDPRO

yea maybe ill just keep it stock lol

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

gold do you plow commercial or drives??