1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting the new boss EXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowplower1, Oct 17, 2016.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I went in today and put my down payment for an ext. I'm super excited for this plow! They had one on display until the shipment comes in this next week. It looks very well built and like its going to be really productive.

Let's hear from anyone else that has one and has gotten to play with it yet. i'd love to hear what you guys are thinking about it. I think its going to make my timing even better than it was with my dxt (which was significantly better than when we had all straight blades).

2. StratfordPusher

StratfordPusher Senior Member

Just had mine installed.. can't wait to try it

IMG_20161017_192128.jpg

William B. likes this.
  3. snowplower1

Looks awesome!

4. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Can I say ....

Jealous ?

Very interested to see how it works in real life now that it's no longer a prototype.

How much are they installed ?

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Saw one at the SIMA expo this summer, played with the controller for while.
    Nice set up, ran smooth and seems BOSS did their homework on the way the wings expand.

6. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Just under 1000 lbs as well according to the video I just watched. Massive buttresses in the back.

7. StratfordPusher

9995.00 cdn installed

Dogplow Dodge likes this.
  8. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

Does anyone know if they work with current harnesses...?

9. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

$10 a pound....

Looks like an awesome piece...

ceptorman likes this.
  10. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yes, but you need to change controllers.

13 pin setup, according to the video.

StratfordPusher likes this.
  11. StratfordPusher

Correct.. l can move it truck to truck. Just have to move the controller.. awesome setup.. got the first one in my area..

12. StratfordPusher

13. snowplower1

are you worried at all about the road spray having the pitched forward wings? i'm hoping it doesnt make road spray but i remember hearing from a guy here that had a straight blade plow with the pitched forward wing i believe it was a blizzard and he had problems with road spray.
    i know you could just get the guard that is supposed to stop it but i dont want to have to spent even more money after buying when i never had to before

14. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

You should have a guard either way. It makes a big difference in my opinion.

15. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I've been wanting those new LED lights, looks like i'll have to get the new EXT plow to go with them.
    Haven't had the chance to look at it up close, but I was wondering is the main cutting edge 1 piece or is it 3 pieces?
    If it's a single piece that is bent... Well, I can't wait to see the price on that.
    I still want one though.

16. snowplower1

You think it's really worth it? I've never had one (had about 7 plows running) and never really had a problem with snow blowing over

17. snowplower1

Yeah it's a single piece that's bent. I'm not gonna ask the price. Just tell him to put a new one on when it needs it lol. Ik that's stupid but it can't be more than the dxt blades

18. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Night and day difference in my opinion. If you have long pushes where you get some speed up it makes a huge difference. Even just driving around in slush and stuff it helps

19. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Now if Boss could just figure out how a chain works they will be all caught up to DD. :rolleyes::popcorn:

Sawboy likes this.
  20. snowplower1

no need for the chain!