1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting stuff ready

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Im no where near ready but got a few things done.

fleet2012 (800x600).jpg

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like what i am doing half ready. how do u like that case loader? i looked at a couple of them

3. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Looks nice. Love the Chevy dump is it 2wd and gas or diesel.

4. Mike S

The price was right. I had a thread last year of pics and details of what I had to do to get it ready. I picked it up last november to help me out with a new contract. Well I got to put 5 hours on it pushing slush....... So not sure yet for snow work. I did enjoy having it around the shop this year for loading out #57 lime stone, sand, and 304. Oh ya I ran it down the road and pushed some trees off the road after a big storm that went through in june. It worked good. Hope it snows enough to do some pushing this year.

5. Mike S

Dmax 2wd. I love it. It would be nice to have 4x4 but this one was a good deal. It came with a new deuce dump bed, its the bed that dumps regular and side dumps.

6. Mike S

7. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Pics of that dump bed in action? I can get one 12' for $8k installed with the hoist and everyone thought i was crazy for wanting it. Is it as awesome as it sounds?

8. Mike S

pics of the trucks

04 2500hd chevy with curtis with wings and 06 chevy 4500 dmax 2wd with 9 foot dogg with wings

IMG_20121114_111555 (596x800).jpg

IMG_20121114_111612 (586x800).jpg

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I hear you Im still mowing dang weather warm back up and dang grass had to grow
    Did get the ATV ready plows dug out storage Hook Plow on 7740 tractor and mowed till 2pm then went deer hunting
    Tomorrow drain plow pumps then mow some more then deer hunt
    I ready for plow snow and deer hunt only

10. Mike S

I will take pics for you tomorrow of it in action. Its cool but I dont ever get a chance to use the side dump option. I am probably going to take the bed and hoist off next spring and and put a 4-5yd 11 foot with 2 fold down sides instead of one fold down side. Im not in landscaping so im not using it like one of you guys who are would. I used it a couple times to unload salt when I had the snow ex 2400. It worked good for that. Its a very cool setup and a cool idea but I would have better use of a regular bed.

11. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

That would be cool, thanks

12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

How do you like the W-14? I have an older 85xt skid that has made me a fan of the brand. I've seen these at good prices, but never know what I'm getting into.

13. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

I am a fan of CASE as well, but those old W series are weird because the cab sits on the front half of the loader and they were known to be quite unstable. Just my 2 cents

14. Mike S

So far I like it. Nothing fancy but it runs nice and the heater works good. I dont like the 24 volt deal but that is not a big deal. Parts are cheap! LOL! You know what case stands for!

Cant
    Afford
    Superior
    Equipment
    Thumbs Up

15. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice little fun operation

16. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

yea thats a really nice clean setup. how does it plow being its 2wd?

17. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

look likes a nice a fleet

18. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Looks good Mike! Hope you have a good winter!

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Case makes some nice stuff i have owned 3 from them but the the old w platform you have to love to sit on the fron of the articulation it's ok going forward but reversing is a pain because the ass of the machine is a little harder to keep track of since your on the front half. other than that they are a pretty decent machine and probably not as costly as there newer counter parts. the other thing i like about them is there is a dealer next town over :) just in case you need something .
    but if i was looking i would probably be looking at a 621 B or c series or a 721 .

20. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I should clearify i have had 3 different case machines not 3 of the w-14 loaders