1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting stuff ready still.......

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Finally getting to the point where stuff is rapping up and almost ready. First pics of the wheel loader are when we first picked it up and it after it was power washed.

P82A0055.jpg

P82A0056.jpg

2. Mike S

Got the curtis in the shop and it was looking pretty rough so it needed to be shined up.

P82A0057.jpg

P82A0058.jpg

3. Mike S

I have boat load of pics im loading up and will keep posting. Here is a pic for dave! LOL! And the other pic is of why im nt ready for snow..... To much work!!! LOL!

P82A0051.jpg

P82A0005.jpg

4. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

you put a pusher on your loader if so what size?

5. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

haha, nice shirt

6. DavCut

DavCut Member

Too much work

Watch your guys in that ditch. Unless they are shorter than they look they should be in a shoring box of some sort to protect them from cave ins. Guys have died in shallower trenches...

Nice Case. Amazing what a bit of TLC will do for the appearance!

7. Mike S

I have a 14 foot that im going to use.

8. Mike S

Thanks a friend of mine got it for me!

9. Mike S

I new I was going to get a bunch crap from people soon as I posted the pic! LOL! Safety is always number one and it is not my first rodeo. A guy down the road from me died in a cave in and we went down to help dig him out...... No more lectures needed i understand more then most people about trench safety because of that and I also used to deliver and teach how to use and assemble trench boxes. Thanks for the concerns though, the guys in the hole are the only thing that matters. Thumbs Up

thanks for the comments on the case! Didnt have to do much to it!:eek: It came that way, we where worried the paint would come flying off when it was power washed! No paint laying on the drive way!:drinkup:

10. Chevycrazyman

Chevycrazyman Junior Member
    from Mass

you run a nice operation. although i am surprised to see you got men in the ditch without a trench box unless im missing something.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Funny shirt, nice looking equipment. Hope you have a good winter.

12. lndscpe

lndscpe Member

Hey another Case W14B lives!! I really like mine, great older machines, not really too hard to work on......... well until you have to change out boom cylinder seals, that wasn't really fun..... but I hate oil leaks. Watch the neutral safety switch ( on the transmission), If you get a no start situation (after you have checked the obvious stuff) this can be a problem area - easy to fix just something to know for future reference. What size tires are on your loader? are they the 16.9x24's or the 17.5's?

13. Mike S

That funny you are the third person that has asked me that today! I still have not looked to see what size they are. They are foam filled so not so fun in third gear..... LOL!!! A friend of mine has a couple of tires and wheels that are decent that he wanted to give me but might not work if they are not the same size.

14. Mike S

Ok so since your wondering I will tell you 25 foot of ditch of straight digging and then utilities. LOTS of gas, electric, fiber, hard line, and phone line. Cant set boxes on them............:rolleyes: In the first 25 foot of the sewer line there was three feet of rise to miss a electric line. Where the hoe is sitting the ditch ends up being three feet deep. If the ground was unstable they wouldnt be in there. They where hand digging around the fiber optic line and the ditch was four feet deep there.

15. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good Mike! Today will be our last day of getting everything ready. We have been ready for a couple weeks, but now we are ready for anything! Just need some snow

Andrew

16. Mike S

Thanks Bossman! Got a job the other day that was interesting. A concrete creek crossing that failed! The home owner was in a bad situation. The bridge was so bad it washed out under it and the propane guy would not cross it.

P82A0038.jpg

P82A0039.jpg

P82A0062.jpg

P82A0063.jpg

P82A0064.jpg

17. Mike S

A lot of breaking! All went well every one was happy plus he got his propane!

P82A0065.jpg

P82A0066.jpg

P82A0067.jpg

P82A0069.jpg

P82A0070.jpg

18. Mike S

a couple more pics

P82A0071.jpg

P82A0072.jpg

P82A0073.jpg

P82A0074.jpg

19. Mike S

last two pics of the job.

P82A0076.jpg

P82A0077.jpg

20. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

6 foot and under to top of pipe does not require trench box or sidewall shoring.
    common sense says if it was sand, shoring is required even in that shallow of a trench. but for highly compactable soil like the gravel in that trench that it is very stable, just a close watch of the banks is all that is needed

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011