1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by triboyeric, Oct 4, 2009.

1. triboyeric

triboyeric Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hello,

I am a 16 year old student living in Ontario, Canada. Just like most teenagers, I need a job. I would like to start a business snowblowing people's driveways in the winter, after a storm and whatnot. Since I go to school, I would rather not get up at 5 o'clock to clear driveways, is it possible that some people/business might let me do it at 3, when school ends? Are there any particualar customers that seem to be flexible this way?

thank you

Eric

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Absentee owners. Possibly real estate firms for showings the next day. Most others will want it done before school. How much drive and motivation do you have? There are several here who get up and plow, blow snow and shovel before heading to school.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you don't want to get up at 5 am then STAY home.
    People that WANT a job will work whenever they can.

4. triboyeric

triboyeric Junior Member
    from Ontario

I'm going to place my studies in front of a job, i'm just wondering if there are any particular clients i could look out for

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Great move. :salute: