1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Started

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 94 Jeep, Aug 1, 2005.

1. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

Hey every one this is my first post im just getting started in snow removal .I own a 94 jeep grand cherokee. I was wondering what do i need to do to the suspension to hang a plow on it i have enougt common sense that i cant hang a plow on a stock suspension so i was wondering wat things do i need to do and if i just put heavier stiffer springs would that get the job done?
  2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that you cannot put a plow on a grand cherokee because if has a unibody with no real frame on it. Again I can be wrong....
  3. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

Ya it is a unibody. That just puts a damper on all my fun. No chance of gettin new truck either just bought 02 camaro ss. Thanks for the reply maybe ill just weld some old steel shovels together and make my own little plow. lol Thanks for the info
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you're interested, there are plows that attach to the front bumper. Usually they don't have hydraulic left/right or up. There are also some that attach to the back of the car. I forget the name of them right now, but you might try searching the Internet for "snowplow" to see if you can find the name then search this site using that brand. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll try to look it up for you.

They "perils" of the unibody, and Jeep Grand Cherokee in particular, have been discussed here many times. One of the all time great threads was started by a guy who wanted to know how to put a plow on one. One of his lines was - "Don't tell me it can't be done, just tell me how to do it.".
  5. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

ok thanks alot ya i dont wanna screw my jeep up because a supercharged camaro wont drive verywell in winter so i cant really run the risk of doing serious body "frame" damage. Il go look them up i think i know what your talking about i think the brand is SnowSport but im not posative ill go look. Thanks