1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting started

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by 94 Jeep, Aug 1, 2005.

1. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

Hey every one this is my first post im just getting started in snow removal .I own a 94 jeep grand cherokee. I was wondering what do i need to do to the suspension to hang a plow on it i have enougt common sense that i cant hang a plow on a stock suspension so i was wondering wat things do i need to do and if i just put heavier stiffer springs would that get the job done?

2. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

I wouldn't recomend putting a plow on a jeep GC.

3. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

really? I'm just curious but why?

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

You posted this same question on another forum and most people told you because the truck has a uni-body....

5. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

ya unibody= :nono: ...how bout you sell your jeep and get a new Chevy 2500hd with a fisher MM2 :nod:

6. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

wish i could but just bought a 02 cmaro with a supercharger :) otherwise i would buy a new truck. Is the regular cherokee on a frame or is that a unibody also?

7. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Well enjoy the camaro! :D

The regular Cherokee is on a frame and makes a pretty good plow vehicle.

8. Plowlikehell

Plowlikehell Member

Regular Cherokee XJ is unibody also. I have thought about using a GC before for plowing.

9. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

????

if you could get about 3000 for your ZJ why don't you sell it and buy a YJ or even a CJ7 or some bada** jeep like that? i think it would worth the payup

10. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

well i sold my GC today. payup Got more than i thought i would now looking for something new. Ive got 5,000 to spend. Anything you guys recomend