1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting started- Fishers/Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by iplowsnowllc, Oct 12, 2011.

1. iplowsnowllc

iplowsnowllc Junior Member

I just joined this site this evening and have read a bunch of great information from a variety of users. I have been in the lawncare business for a few years now and this is the first year that I am getting into the snow side on my own.

I thought I'd try to start a thread for contractors and subcontractors in the area. This will be my first year plowing so I'll most likely end up subbing. That being said, I happen to also own my own insurance agency and sell Farmer's Insurance for businesses and indivduals.

If anyone has any advice or questions I hope that they will feel free to share them here. Personally, I know I have a bunch and am excited to learn. I just recently purchased a 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 and am shopping for my first blade. On that note, I'm most likely going to get set up w/ a Boxx Steel Power-V XT blade and a handheld remote.

Please feel free to share any thoughts/ ideas.

welcome to the forum
  3. cvwhr

cvwhr Member

Welcome to plowsite. Give me a call sometime and maybe we can help each other out.
    Thanks Pat 317-850-1805