1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Started, a shovel and some salt.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Buzzlenoxmi, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Buzzlenoxmi

Buzzlenoxmi Junior Member

Hello all plowers and shovelers!!!!
    I'm wanting to start a basic, earn some extra cash, drive and walk shoveling business. I own a mobile automotive painting business, as you may know, it's pretty much impossible to paint cars outside in the winter time. Its my first winter painting, and i'm going broke. Business is great in the summer, i have plenty of accounts, and next winter should be fine.
    This winter i'd like to start shoveling.(i cant stand working for other people)
    Any tips on marketing, starting and managing my under the table shoveling business would be greatly appreciated. I already have a name and have made up flyers, but things aren't as easy as they were when i was 10, walking around with a shovel to buy christmas presents. Help me out

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get a wide shovel & and a wagon to carry the salt in... lol:waving:
    Or get an snow blower or an older plow truck and let people know what you are doing, IE put up a flyer at your corner grocery store, senior center, etc..
  3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

First, welcome to Plowsite. Second it isn't nice to advertise that "under the table" employment when there are many here paying taxes and Ins.

Make a post under the employment section and give details of the work your willing to do. You might find some one from here in your area that needs a good shoveler and they might be able to give you lot's of work. You might even be able to work out a barter system with them since you paint......
  4. Shovels went out when I was 13. Forget the shovel ! Spend a couple grand on a blower or a quad with a blade !
  5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can't do steps with a quad or most snow blowers.:nono:
    So you still need one of those out dated shovels.

Even if I still think it might be a troll post lol.