1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting service for a Meyer SVLD

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by APBAinMaine, Feb 25, 2013.

1. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

No doubt, this is a stupid question, but I'm going to ask because I don't know the answer.

I purchased a Meyer Super-V Light Duty plow for my Titan because, at the time, no one else made a satisfactory application for that truck (Buyers now does). My options for service on a Meyer plow do not make me happy. The dealer who installed it has managed to unimpress me to great lengths. I used to own a Fisher and loved the garage that serviced it. They're willing to service the Meyer, provided I can use Fisher lubricants and such. So, there's the question: Can I?

Before anyone suggests the DIY route: I have managed to repeatedly prove that no such endeavor is idiot proof. :mechanic:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

As long as you drain ALL the fluids there is no reason the unit will not operate on Fisher fluid.

They're both yellow right:rolleyes: