1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting screwed again..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Feb 28, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Well, here it is, 6:11 p.m and NADA, NOTHING, ZIP!!!!!!!!
    By now we were supposed to have 5" on the ground then have to get ready for the real snow tonight(5-9").
    Now, all there saying for tonight is 3-5" when their original forecast for the area was 8-14"!!!!!!!!!!
    I have no problem if we dont get snow when theres none in sight...but the for the love of God, DONT F'N TEASE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, if you dont know already, THIS is MY pet pev.
    SORRY BUT I NEED TO VENT!!!!!!!!

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know why you should have had 5" on the ground by now, nobody has been saying that in the reports I watched. I would still expect at least 8" for your area, don't worry.

3. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Thanks for the encouragement Chris. I could use some about now. lol
    Actually yes, as the week progressed, the weather "experts" in this area were saying that Connecticut would be getting snow during the day and heavy snow well into the night.

Btw, I've been a Sox fan since I was 14. The Sox finally winning it all still has not sunk in and I dont think it ever will. It was surreal. GO SOX!!
    The Yankees and their fans, broadcasters, writers, announcers, and radio talk show host FINALLY got their RED SOX JUSTICE!!!!! I truly feel it was destiny as well as the way they BLEW it was destiny.
    It simply could not have come in a more dramatic fashion. The loud mouthed, arrogant, think they know it all, dipstick Yankee fans got their payback in the sweetest way. :D :D :D

4. bmh1202

bmh1202 Junior Member

I'm in north central PA. Didn't really start her until about 1pm. I have about 3" on the ground now. Real wet and heavy. Good luck.

5. fga

fga Member

what i have learned over the last 7 years doing snow removal (and landscaping for that matter) is that the weathmen are there to get ratings for the news program. they will "stretch the truth" to say the least. it may be an honest assumption of what is possible... but that is much different then what is likely.
    i never get exicited until i open my door and see it accumulating for myself. i have customers calling the day before cuz they hear horror stories in the forecast... and i tell them to relax.
    last thursday, someone mentioned over 2 feet :rolleyes: for monday night.

it will come,...

6. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Unless you live in the midwest. I wouldn't complain at all if we only got 3". Been snowing here all day, but just snow showers. Now accumulating to much. (1/2" - 1"). We are actually 3-4" away from average, but we got there in three storms and bunch of 1/4" to 1/2" dustings.

Just be glad you get to go at all.

Jeff

7. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I take that back!

I take that back. I'm heading out now!!

Jeff

8. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Couldn't tell you when the last time we had plowable snow here in Iowa, so to those of you in the east, enjoy it while you can...

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

There is hardly anything here i gotta here them explain this

10. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

snow falling still in new london 4.5 inches so far

11. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

5" at the most here. :gunsfiring:

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I have 5 in sw ct a far cry from 6-10

13. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

We got about 6-8 inches here in the Waltham/Newton area. I'll take it! :nod: