1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of snow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lordstanley, Dec 5, 2008.

1. lordstanley

lordstanley Member

I have 10 city blocks that I take care of with lots of small to medium parking lots- what do i do with the snow. Anyone ever see snow melters for sale?

2. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Up here we load snow into a truck and dump it in the ocean, or on a empty lot, with a permit of course.

3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

snow melters are big money, even used second you still need permits to get rid of the run off and third they are slow on our bigger removals we use 6-8 10 wheelers and 3 loaders we run for 12 -16 hours at a time no way a melter could be faster.
    the best part is the property owner foots the bill could you say the same to recover the cost of the melter just my 2 cents

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i beg to differ on that point some of the smaller melters can do 15-20 tandem truck loads per hour, and the largest one i have seen does 65-70 tandem truck loads per hour. i do however agree with you that the price to buy one and to pay the fuel to run it would be rediculous but some properties such as an airport im sure it would be more efficient and pay for its self.