1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting residential accounts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by adforester, Oct 27, 2010.

1. adforester

adforester Junior Member

tomorrow i'm gonna go around to a few of my clients and ask if they need plowing, that plus a newspaper advertisement. sound good? any tips?

is it too early to start advertising for plowing?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i started in the beginning of oct for snow advertising.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

4. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

It's never to early, you shoild be looking for business all year long.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

put your number everywhere you can

6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

I went to the busiest coffee shop that was close to my chosen service area.

I started at houses with plowable driveways adjacent to that coffee shop. I went in and offered half price seasonal service to anyone interested if I could put driveway markers at the end of their driveway. We use 3/8" rebar with corrugated plastic signs slid down over the rebar. The signs are 4"x3' with weplow.ca written vertically on the driveway marker sign. you local sign shop should have 3/8" thick 4'x8' sheets corrugated plastic signsmy cell phone # on the others side.

I keep an eye on Kijiji (your craigslist) and as soon as I see the local snow contractors kick in, the markers go up.
    Good luck,
    Pete