1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Ready

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, Feb 6, 2003.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Spent the day dropping salt pallets at sites, hooking up plows checking fluids, and checking edges. Also, hooked up the new spreader. Took a little work but im alll set. Now it wont come lol

bobcat spreader 001.jpg

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

i've never seen a spreader mounted to a bobcat like that looks good.Must be hard to get in and out of the machine from this pic.

3. columbiaplower

not really, just step on the quick attach plate and put a hand on the spreader hopper and push urself up

4. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I have seen spreaders mounted on the back of a bobcats before with plows in the front ,but i never seen one mounted like that

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I have never seen a bobcat like that either before, wheres the plow? O well Im ready here too, mounted the plow. Expecting 4-6/3-6 something like that.

6. columbiaplower

the plow and light materials bucket are sitting in the parking garage in the background. Its a bobcat blade with bobcat wings

7. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Suppose to get 3-6/4-7 inches by tommorow evening. The plow is hooked up and I am ready to roll.

Last time I plowed was on 1/6 and that was only one parking lot. The last time I did the whole route was in December some time.

8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Just loaded up! They are saying 4-8 here now. :D :drinkup:

Greg

p1010085.jpg

9. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Lookin good:D Im al set, and ready to roll
    Nozzleman, could you please post some pictures of your truck, I'v yet to see a new dodge with a plow.

10. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

all set here.i got all my trucks back on the road.i finished the rear end rebuild on my L9000 during that snowless cold snap.looking at 3-6 here can't wait

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey dockboy thats a sweet FORD you are the man. Good luck we got up to 8" forcasted here good luck Mike.

Jay

12. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I need to borrow a digital camera but I will get a picture as soon as I can. Maybe my friend who has one can take a picture tommorow while I am plowing. I will call him in the morning.

13. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Nozzleman,Id love to see a few pics of your truck/plow too.

14. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

It's getting close to that time!:D

Greg

p2060001.jpg

15. John DiMartino

Greg,nothing here ,its all south of us:( Stop posting pics of it snowing,its not fair);)

16. SCFALL

SCFALL Member

I sure wish I had something to get ready for other than bed LOL:drinkup:

17. hoagie

hoagie Member

NICE looking truck DOCKBOY!!

18. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

We have about 3 1/2" on the grond and its really coming down, goning out now. Good Luuk everyone!!

19. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

It's about 1:30 p.m. an we have 4 inches so far and the weather man says 2''-4'' more before it ends this evening.:D :D

20. John DiMartino

The weather guys did it again,its 120pm ,it was supposed to blow out of here by noon,its still coming down hard,and our 1-3 forcast is out the window.I have 5 1/2 at my house 5 miles north of I84,2 miles south of I 84 at one of my sites there is over 6" of snow,and its still snowing!You guys south of us must be getting close to a foot.have fun,be safe guys.im going back out now.