1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready to roll out

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by selser420, Mar 5, 2005.

1. selser420

selser420 Member

Some pics of the trucks....testing resizing.

Resized_Lawn Tigers 008.jpg
  2. selser420

selser420 Member

Some more pics

Heres the fleet of the co. I drive for. Two trucks aren't in these pics.

05 F350 gasser 9'2" Boss V
    04 F350 PSD 9'2" Boss V
    04 F450 dump 9'2" Boss V Downeaster hyd V box
    03 F650 dump 9'2" Boss V SS tailgate spreader
    03 F350 PSD 9'2" Boss V Daniels backplow
    01 F350 V-10 9'2" Boss V Daniels backplow(my ride!!)
    00 F350 PSD dually flatbed 9'2" Boss V HI-WAY V box
    97 Chevy 2500 8'6" western unimount

not shown
    00 Chevy 3500 8'6" western unimount HI-WAY V box
    01 Chevy 2500 ext cab 8'6" western unimount
    Skidsteer w 10' pusher
    shovel crew van

Resized_Lawn Tigers 002.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 005.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 006.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 007.jpg
  3. selser420

selser420 Member

A few more

Resized_Lawn Tigers 001.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 010.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 011.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 004.jpg
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Nice!! All of those trucks I'd be in heaven :drinkup:
    Got any more pics?
  5. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Nice fleet. :nod: What kind of engine does that 05 F-350 have in it? Looks good with all of those boss plows.
  6. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Nice fleet, someone here is making some dough payup
  7. selser420

selser420 Member

The 05 is a V8...not sure which. Its the bosses personal truck. The fleet has grown every year for the five that I've been working for them. When I started they only had two trucks(the 97 chevy is one of them). They like the Boss Vs, but they've been a lot of $$ this year in maintenance....broken A frames, cutting edges, mine had a new wing put in it last week because 4 of the six eyelets at the hinge broke off.
  8. selser420

selser420 Member

Hey Avalanche...heres a few of the truck I drive......I'll get some more next time it snows too.

Resized_Lawn Tigers 012.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 019.jpg
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

holey lots of fords. my work is doing the same, they have a 91 and 92 chevy, 2 04's and 1 05 ford. they plan on getting rid of the chevies within the next year. they are just getting to tired.
  10. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Looks nice..... can you get a few more of that atv? how well does it work in the snow? I plan on buying one for next season. - Peter
  11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

you guys like v plows huh.
  12. selser420

selser420 Member

The V's are a huge time saver with the jobs we do...although they can be a little expensive to repair. They said they're going to buy straight blades from now on. We seem to break a lot of cutting edges at the center hinge...and those damn center boots!!! The ATV seems to do good...I've never used it, but its been going strong for 3 or 4 seasons. The kid that drives it can kick out a lot of work with it. They just switched to a u-edge and are giving it thumbs up.
  13. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If I had BOSS V's on anything that I PERSONALLY didn't drive, they'd all be equipped with Urethane edges.

I like BOSS V's , but if I ran a company with drivers, I'd likely switch brands, or like I said, use urethane edges.
  14. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

I love my V. Not sure why your replacing so much though. Are they trip edges or trip blades? We have got a lot of snow this year and all types, light and heavy, and my fisher hasn't had one problem. I will always get a V-plow from now on. Its 3 plows in one.
  15. selser420

selser420 Member

They're "trip blades"....wish they were trip edges. They really don't trip well. I guess its been so many years since I've used anything but Vs that I'm just used to them. The boss is using one for the first time this year. After doing some condos he said he didn't know how he did it before with a straight blade......then he went and did a house and got his bell rung by a manhole cover in the drive!!
  16. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Besides plowing and salting what exactly does the company your work for do.
  17. selser420

selser420 Member

I only work for them when it snows....I'm a CNC machinist the rest of the time. They do mowing(4 crews I think) and landscaping/mulch/sprinklers etc.
  18. Plow King jr.

Plow King jr. Member

now there are some nice trucks. :)
  19. selser420

selser420 Member

A couple of new pics from this morning. The two trucks that weren't in the other pics, back of F650, and some trucks in the yard.

Resized_Lawn Tigers 021.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 022.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 020.jpg

Resized_Lawn Tigers 023.jpg
  20. Snow-Kid

Snow-Kid Senior Member
    from nw ohio

Could not tell in the pics but do you have all steel v-plows or poly. How do you like them?