1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting ready to do my 011

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by 1olddogtwo, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

well I'm in the thinking / researching stage's on my 2011 super duty. on all of my others trucks, i just did the basics.. 4 head strobes and yellow rotating on top with pep boy bs back up lights attached to the hitch with 100 watt bulbs. Looking for link's and or thoughts on......

back rack with extra tabs

led light bar...48in or larger to go rack.

led back up lights for under bumper / attached to hitch

extra lighting ( white) to attach to back rack

hid's on truck headlights.....maybe plow

I will be reinstalling my four head system again with the fronts in the turn and i would like to remove the reverse lights and install to strobe in the clear this time.

cost is a concern, but so is quaity.

HPIM1225.jpg

2. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

this is what i have and like it

back rack.jpg

3. mike1316

mike1316 Senior Member

I know you are looking for led under ur bumper but u might want to try these.U can get them at AW direct

mike light.jpg

4. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I second the weather guard cab guard. I have one and it's goin on 3 years and not one spot of rust or bubbling in the paint, I know a few guys with backrack brand cab guards about the same age as mine that can't say the same. I'd go 52" federal signal legend. 48" looks nice but 52" really fits perfectly on super duties. I'd go with nova sultras on the cab guard too, they mount flush and are bright as hell. I have work lights mounted on my backrack but never used them for plowing, under the bumper do so much more good if you use your mirrors. But since you said you fuel up equipment a lot a set angled a little under 45* would be perfect.

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I can get you some Very nice and Bright LEDs for under your bumper if your interested.

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Those are great for back rack lighting! Have them on mine and love them!

7. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

HOLY ****!!!!! How big is that exhaust tip? lol

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks like a 5 inch.