1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready to buy a truck.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 94 Jeep, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

Hey everyone I was on here a while ago asking if i could hang a plow on my Jeep G.C. And found I shouldnt do it. So here i am ready to buy a truck. im not going to buy anything fancy as it will be a work truck and only driven about 5 months of the year. I will be doing driveways and a few small buisness lots nothing huge. Ive been looking at broncos and fullsize blazers along with chevy trucks mid 70's to mid 80's. Again strictly a work truck. Im about to turn 18 so i can be covered by insurance so its time for me to start looking for what kind of truck i should pick up. Any help or advice on what kind of truck would be great thanks. Phil.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

what are going to do with the truck in the off season. I ask because if its mainly for plowing DRIVEWAYS get a Jeep Wrangler. I started with an f150 for 2 years then switched to jeeps in 1988 and I plow 75 drives. for DRIVEWAYS a truck is to big.

3. big bird

big bird Senior Member

that is a lot of driveways 75 how do you get them all dun in one night what happens if a big snow Strom:help:

4. theplowmeister

from MA

Hi big berd
    I can tell you how I not onle plow 75 drives, but I keep my customers so happy there is a waiting list to become a customer of mine. (not bragging just fact) ... How much is it worth to you, I take Pawpal?

5. theplowmeister

from MA

Daaaa "I take Pawpal" make that Paypal!!

6. 94 Jeep

94 Jeep Junior Member
    from chicago

soory this reply is so late we had a terminal illness in the family to take care of. Well mostly driveways and in ht off season it will sit un-used in a barn i just want it for the winter im gunn supercharge my f-150 for summer fun and this will be my winter work truck.plus i dont plan on spending to much cash. thanks