1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting ready new orange pull plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dmcarpentry, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dmcarpentry

dmcarpentry Senior Member
    from maine

Hi Guys

just thought i would post a few pics

got the brand new Daniels blasted and powder coated

came to me as a rusty mess .....not happy but thats a long story

here she is so far

tires, lights, new ballast and a few other things to come

photo (7).jpg

photo (8).jpg

2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup! Looks good!

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice job cleaning it up! ive been looking for pull plows, but nothing out there besides junk

4. dmcarpentry

from maine

this was a brand new daniels that i bought direct from the factory but i wasn't happy with the paint it was peeling and rusted EVERYWHERE so i had it blasted and powdercoated before i put it together

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Nice rig, but I'd like to see the setup you have on the red and yellow "truck" in the background!!! A 9'2" V-xt on that thing would like nice! :salute:

6. dmcarpentry

from maine

that one has a 14' pro tech..... little bit underpowered but i make it work

7. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, I would like to watch some video of that thing working sometime.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That's cool. I've always wished mine were red. Did they give you some money off for it looking crappy?

9. dmcarpentry

from maine

ya they sent me a check for 200 to have it repainted but i powder coated everything so it cost me another 80 bucks but it looks so much better now and i hated the blue

10. dmcarpentry

from maine

wipensfan are your daniels the newer hitch setup? i was wondering if anyone uses anything different for the chain hookups, the turnbuckles are a pain in the ass i think i might use some ratcheting binders instead

11. WIPensFan

No, I have the older style. When I saw those new ones I knew I wouldn't like it. The one on my 98' chevy gets taken on and off for my tailgate salter, and that would be 2 more things to remove.

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Cough EBLING cough

13. WIPensFan

Very suttle.

14. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

what about snowman pull plows? they have a trip moldboard. i was looking into them for a dedicated driveway truck.

15. WIPensFan

I've seen a few running around here. My Daniels dealer, who also used to deal Snowman( maybe he still does?) said they had some of the same problems that have been listed on this sit, breaking the hitches.