1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ready in Vermont!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by BBailey, Feb 13, 2007.

1. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

They are calling for 16-26 inches of the wonderful white stuff here in central VT by Thurs. am. It's been over 2 years for us here to get such a storm. No winter storm warning here, we have a heavy snow warning in effect!!! I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. Good luck to all and be safe!:waving:
  2. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Almost ready...

Went plow my drifty drives this morning (4:30) and my plow would not go up:dizzy: . Make a lond story short, the negative stud was loose poor connection, tried to tighten terminal and stud broke:realmad: Hooked up the plow on the wrecker at -15F at 4:30 in the morning:realmad: :realmad: . Spent the better part of the morning repairing the and cleaning the pump motor inbetween appointments and car starts.

Will go in at 4:00am Wednesday to service truck oil change and grease. The service the New Holland and hook up the snow blower. Then I'll be ready.

My past experience has been if I get everything ready before (not last minute) then it never snows.

A watched snow storm never snows!
  3. BBailey

BBailey Junior Member
    from Vermont

Good point on watching the snow! Things always seem to break just before the storm, thats just the way it happens. 8:15 am here right now and about 5 inches already on the ground!!!:bluebounc
  4. RickyGasser

RickyGasser Member

I live right on the Quebec-Vermont border. It started around 6:00 AM and it's snowing lightly but really windy. Probably start plowing soon to keep ahead of it.payup tymusic
  5. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Holy &*$%....

Well just goty done a 3hrs power sleep. Not sure of the offical total but it's around the 30ish inch range.

I would say that half of our drives are not passable with a plow truck and need heavy equipment to get them open. Mostlt the longer drives, smaller ones are cake.

Looks like I'll be an the tractor (with snow blower) for a good day opening things up and another couple of days pushing back snow.

Gotta make hay while the sun shines....payup

I'll post some pictures.