1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting plow stuck?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by gc3, Dec 14, 2009.

1. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Every once in a while I'll see a plow stuck from backdragging to much and they're trying to dig it out. I was wondering if anyone on here ever had that happen to them.

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

No. I can't think of any reason to backdrag that much. If you have to backdrag you should only need to do a length a little longer than the truck and plow. Then turn around, back in, and push it all out.

3. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Yea I only do the length of my truck then turn around also. Some people say they drag the whole drive, maybe a 50 footer, that way they don't leave compacted tread marks on it.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The problem is they stop in the same spot,if your going to backdrag don't leave it all in one spot.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

EXPERIENCE will let you backdrga as much or little as you want.