1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting paid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CityGuy, Jan 29, 2009.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Just curious how many sub-contractors out there have signed contracts before the season starts about the terms they will work under, how much they will be paid per hour, and when they will be paid?
    I get 65.00/hr per truck and the contract states that I will be paid in full 30 days from invoice date. Invoices go out last day of month. I have yet to not get a check on the 30th day for the full amount.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

They got til tomorrow

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I think he is saying he always gets paid. But wants to know how many of us (subs) have contracts with the guy we push for and if they pay on time.

"I have yet to not get a check "
  4. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I have 14 contracts about 10 pay right away... 2 pay on the last day... and the other 2, well I'm lucky to get them to pay within 90 days...
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you know who to get rid of next year!
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah you should always have a signed contract... Are you saying you never get paid on the 29th or 31st "late" day for payments?

I know most of ours are 15/30/45... the 45s damn if they paid on day 42 id be shocked!

A lot of the 15s were older contracts, they generally pay by day 20, and i dont worry about it being late on those terms.. The 30s and 45s, theyre a day late im up in arms for obvious reasons, you cant pay your monster goddam bills in 6 freking weeks you shouldnt be subbing out the work or hiring some company to do it without a big deposit up front.
  7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I get paid on time. Usually within 2 weeks of them getting an invoice.