1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Paid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RODJ, Feb 20, 2006.

1. RODJ

RODJ Member
    from MD

How Long Should It Take To Get Paid As A Sub

2. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

If you are getting cash, which more than likely a verbal agreement, the contractor should pay you within days of the storm, if not the next day. If you are on contract (sub-contractor), you should always have a payment shedule worked out, this goes for any trade because people often hate to part with their money!

3. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

we try to pay our subs and empoyees within a week of the event

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

If your paying subs - a week should be a bout right--If your paying them cash--They should understand they could have to wait a little longer---either way paying or recieving--shouldn't be longer than 3 weeks tops-- Subs will leave to go where the money is --- if your on the recieving end--you should have had this all worked out--- Some big commercial accnts can screw with the contractor and he won't get paid till June!--- Our state is notorious for this when they run out of money-- then you get paid in July on the next fiscal year!!!!!

5. scagster

scagster Member
    from n.ohio

a week keeps them answering the phone at 200 am when you need them

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I pay my guys when they give me a bill. Some bill me every month, some when they are broke or need a little extra money and some wait until the end of the year so what I give them is a big chunk and they can do something planned. The guys that wait until the end of the year have full time jobs. The guys that are on flat fee for the winter get 20%/month for the 5 months.

It is the contractors job to have enough money behind him to pay the subs on time and not rely on him being paid by his clients.

7. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Amen to that,I wish all thought like you payup !

8. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

paying subs

I get paid in 15 days after invoices are turn.
    But I try to pay my subs within 7days or less.

Frank

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  9. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

30 -45 days