1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting our plows ready!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by streetscrapin16, Dec 6, 2010.

1. streetscrapin16

streetscrapin16 Senior Member

We just finished reskinning one of our Meyer blades. We got it all painted, new hoses, new cutting edge and decals. We have one more to redo yet. Just hoping the snow comes soon!

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks brand new

3. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

Where did you pick up the decals? My decal on my DrivePro came off after like 3 pushes... I would like to get a new one for my plow.

Nice restoration!

4. streetscrapin16

We ordered a complete decal kit off eBay. I dont remember exactly how much they were I think right around $25.

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

who made the skin? nice work:drinkup:

6. streetscrapin16

We know a guy that ordered us the steel. We bought a 4x8 sheet then he knew a place the would cut and bend it. They cut the steel and made 2 skins and bent them for $50 and I think the steel was $80. Then we welded it on ourselves.

7. yell llc

yell llc Member

wish my plow looked that good

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, Ill check on our meyer for you tomorrow, today my uncle was on the warpath

9. streetscrapin16

Thanks. Let me know what he says.

10. streetscrapin16

Here is a pic before we welded the skin on.

IMG_0142.jpg

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Looks real clean and new! Good job.

12. streetscrapin16

Thanks for the compliments

13. streetscrapin16

We finished up another one of our blades. This one we just repainted. We're waiting on the decals to come.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

14. streetscrapin16

Here is the new Diamond pump we just picked up. It was new but it was sitting on the shelf and all scratched up so we repainted it and we only had Meyer E-60 decals so we put the on.

IMG_0218.jpg

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. I reskined one of my meyers and I put the blade and steel on top of a 55 gallon drum and pushed it down with a back hoe bucket and then welded it together.

16. streetscrapin16

Hah! We bought the steel and had it rolled, then c-clamped it and welded it all up. We just did another one yesterday I will have pics of the soon.

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

They look like they are brand new. You did a great job.

18. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yea no kidding, you should think about reskinning plows in your off time for some extra cash.

19. streetscrapin16

Thanks. Yea we are going to try to do that next season. We did 2 of ours and it only takes about a day to cut it off and weld it on, but we also have have someone else cut the steel and roll it.

20. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I really like the locking hitch pin, I guess I cant swing by tonight and pickup a new pump now Thumbs Up