1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting new pro plus 8'...to wing or not to wing

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dvlscapes, Nov 16, 2007.

1. dvlscapes

dvlscapes Junior Member

I am getting an installed price on this plow of $4550. They will add the western wings for $450. I will be plowing 2 large hotels and possibly a third with my truck. (04 dodge 2500 ctd). Should I get the wings???
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When plowing larger areas the wings are worth their weight in gold. They can really help take time and effort off a job, they can be a little expensive but they will pay for themselves in saving that time and effort.
  3. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i am in same debate.....BTW..good price on that plow!!!
  4. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

where r u getting the plow at?
    Perk Perf??
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I ran wings last year on a 8'6" straight blade. This year I bought a new 8'6" MVP and even with the V blade I will also be running wings. They are great. They should be a big help in Hotel Parking Lots. It is only 10% more.
  6. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

how are you getting paid

if you're getting paid by the hour don't buy them. If you get paid by lot by the inch then you are making a smart business move to buy them; they will simply save you time. Time=money=plow wings. Worth the money:help: