1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting my xblade recoditioned

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ejsmass2, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I live outside of Boston. Where can I get my blade reconditioned. I want to get the electric hydraulic power pack rebuilt. It's leaking a little and has some corrosion. I want it good as new.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you called any of the fisher dealers?

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

and do you want it now or this summer ?

its the wrong time of year for plow rework for good fair price. :dizzy:

4. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I'm in no rush. It doe not seem like a service anyplace provides. I will call around

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You should be able to find a dealer to do it, it'll cost ya. If you can't find anyone, let me know. Pay for shipping and parts and I'll do it for you.

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

where in ma are you? trying to figure out the closet fisher dealer for you that might do it

7. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

I am in Framingham.

8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

closest fisher dealer is Tucks in Hudson I think.
    Ejs - :drinkup: howdey neighbor you're right in my neighborhood.

9. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

THanks for the advice. I have an 11AM appointment with tucks trucks tomorrow and they said they would make it good as new.

Regards,
    ted

10. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Keep us posted.

11. ejsmass2

ejsmass2 Member

Tucks was great. For about $220 the replaced the reservoir and all associated parts. They changed the filters and fixed it up good as new. Their service was great. The price was fair. I am elated. They also had many folks in for emergency repairs and those folks seemed pleased as well.