1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting My name out?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by KoolAidMan888, Oct 27, 2010.

1. KoolAidMan888

KoolAidMan888 Member

Hi guys i live in northeastern CT... i got one account and im still looking for more.. Does it look bad if i walk into a business and ask them if they need someone to plow ? or call them?
  2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Make a flyer with tear offs. As you are walking in to ask if you can hang it in thier buisness ask them if they have anyone. Also post on craigslist and even the newspaper. As you get customers have them tell friends and neighbors about you. Take a little bit to build a customer base but once you do they will generally come back if you are competitive in pricing and offer good service. Just dont be the local lowballer.
  3. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I would call the business you are targeting and ask if they are still accepting bids for the upcoming winter season. It is getting close to winter and you might not have as much luck this year but it is still worth a try. Just give them a call and state who you are and ask if they wouldn't mind if you stopped by with a proposal.