1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting my first plow and have a question...

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jrebocho, Jan 11, 2010.

1. jrebocho

jrebocho Junior Member
    from MA

Do I need to get a flasjing light for the top of my truck? I do plan on plowing out friends and family.

Thanks for the help.

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

They are not needed here, but some locals do require them. They come in very handy in high traffic areas. IMO get one. It does not hurt to be seen!

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Local ordinances vary. Check yours.

4. jrebocho

jrebocho Junior Member
    from MA

Great... If I do, and I just might get one. Where can I get one somewhat cheap (besides EBay)?

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Get one. It makes people aware that you are there plowing, and that they should drive like idiots within a 30' radius of you.:angry:

6. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You can get one at pretty much any autoparts store like AutoZone or PepBoys. Even Meijer and Walmart have cheap ones.

7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Tractor Supply has them but don't get a false sense of protection. They mean absolutly nothing to some people. They are on a mission and don't have time to worry about a plow truck. Look at the police cars that get hit while on the side of the road and they have lights galore. Sometimes the lights attracts people.

8. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

Were I live our laws require lights commercal or private if you plow with in 8 ft of a road way City or State, so check your regs.

9. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

10. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I wouldn't buy a cheap one, you'll just have to replace it a hundred times. I'd spend the money the first time. All the best!!