1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting jobs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

i was wondering how you guys get most of your jobs this is my second year and i would like to get a few more people to plow for. thanks

2. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

I don't know if it works but this afternoon I hand delivered 300 flyers with pricing to neighborhoods I wanted to target. May or may not work. Sounds like a high number but I am planning on the 10% rule.

3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

JTS, ask your current customers to refer you to others. You can also sub for larger outfits. You may end up making more money subbing for a commercial plow outfit. The $/hr is less than residential but there is minimal wear on your equipment. You can pick up one lot to cover your costs, then jack up your residential rates and let the cheapos go and sell quality and reliablity to those willing to pay for better work.