1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting INto the Business - Which Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by CCM, Oct 30, 2008.

1. CCM

CCM Junior Member
    from MA

Great Site stumbled on it last week! Been reading - you guys know you S H - T! What are your thoughts?
    Looking to set up my F250 SD V-10 crew w/ a new Fisher. Right now I'm on 100% driveways and needing a good cutting blade on the back drags. May get into parking lots etc. Which one? 8-8.5'? Looking at the new Xblade, VPlow and XLS. Is it worth the extra 4-600.00 cash for stainless? Seeing that the XLS is new of last year - Fisher Engineering states that you shouldnt pack snow with the wings out and theyre not as durable. Plus they could jam or ice up.

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

One word SNOWAY.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

If you have a lot of backdragging, how about a rear plow? It'll help cut time considerably. Then, if you're planning on parking lots, I'd suggest a V-plow. Personally, I don't think the stainless is worth the extra cost.

4. CCM

CCM Junior Member
    from MA

Hey Mick Thanks for the info. My first choice was a Xtrm VPlow. Seems like the XLS is too new w/ problems from what I hear. Everyone seems to love their XBLade esp the SS. Only a few guys here in MA w/ V's. Only prob is the middle springs bustn - hate to have that in the middle of a storm w/ customers up your A - - . I'm too new to make a decision yet.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The thing to remember is that everybody thinks the best plow is the one they have.

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Dealer service is as important if not more then brand of plow.

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Get an 8.5' Fisher V plow or strate blade you got alot of power so your truck can handle it no probablem.

8. CCM

CCM Junior Member
    from MA

Thanks guys - I'm all over the X treme V. 8.5