1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Equipment Ready and Some New Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Dec 7, 2011.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well for awhile we had been in full swing getting equipment ready, and I hate to admit that we still are. We have already plowed one storm at the end of October, but there is still work left to be done. I'll post up some pictures of what we have going on, and will post more once I'm at the other computer.

As of this summer, it is the first time that I've finally had a shop equipped with the ability to do any repair, on anything I own. Running the numbers over and over, I've found this kind of investment to be much cheaper than using repair shops and dealers. We also just started putting together a whole parts room so we can get all our parts, oils, and shop supplies out of boxes and categorized on a few aisles of shelves. I'll need to post pics once completed.

First pictures posted are of a salt spreader resto we did, a Boss plow service technician class we went to, and a partial fleet picture still missing a few things like the skids.

2. merrimacmill

from MA

Heres a few more, including my new snowblowers. The first one is used, has a lot of broken welds, etc that we have repaired and fabricated reinforcements for. I had it sandblasted, and it is undergoing new paint right now. There is also a couple pictures of a new Normand blower I picked up.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking Good!ussmileyflag
  4. merrimacmill

from MA

Here are a few pics of the fabrication repairs that had to be done on a used blower, another shot of one of my tractor/blower combos, and a picture of the paint job for rust prevention that my plows go through each year.

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Great work and equipment as always!
  6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Congrats on the new shop. You have a nice operation and euipment. keep the pics comming. Might be plowing tommorrow hopefully haha. Thumbs Up
  7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Very nice! Did you buy different tractors to run your driveway snowblower route?
  8. DeereRunner

DeereRunner Junior Member

Nice job on the spreader restoration, you sand/grind down the whole thing yourself or send it out to get it sandblasted?
  9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Looks new!
  10. merrimacmill

from MA

Had one of my guys sand it down at my shop. The used blower we had sandblasted though.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Looks Good!!!
  12. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

As always, great looking fleet. I am very envious of your maintenance practices. Most people are envious of the fleet, but in your case there is so much more there than just the machines and equipment. Again, Great setup!
  13. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

nice pics looks good, time for you to buy a big dump
  14. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Collin, it's so nice to finally have a shop ourselves but it needs a serious cleaning and some re organizing. We did this a month or so ago but you know how that goes,lol. I was putting on some final touches to one of our trucks and it was so nice to be inside and warm.
  15. A&J Landscaping

A&J Landscaping Senior Member

Very nice keep up the good work
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

looks great I can't wait to see pictures from the season, you have been an inspiration to me for snow plowing!
  17. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Love the tractors and blowers
  18. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Looks good Collin. Did you end up frame mounting the sander on the 3500? How does the tractor handle the blower? Keep the pics rollin.
  19. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Can we get a video this year? haha