1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting dual 660?????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by samjr, Sep 28, 2008.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i am getting Whelen CSP dual 660 12 tubes and here what i want to do back Cargo light 3rd brake light area thats 2 reverse lights thats 2 more tail lights and thats the last 2 for out back
    now front parking lights is 2 head lights is 2 more now the fun part comes into play i want to put the last 2 into my MM2 fisher head gear any1 sean this done yet the guy putting this together for me is putting the right plugs on it for hooking and unhooking just want to know if i can put them in the mm2 lights tymusic

2. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i would assume that you could do that. which lights do you have the intensefire or the "old style" i would say as long as theyre not a sealed beam headlight you should be fine. i've never seen it done but i bet it would look pretty cool. good luck with it
    Kyle

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i got the old style ones so i am going to try:gunsfiring: how much are a new set of lights?? lol i might need them

4. ColliganLands

i think those sealed beams go for around 25-65 a piece depending on the brand. i was thinking of doing the same thing but i didnt want to be drilling into the sealed beams. im pretty sure it will work just you will have to redo it if the light goes out. also i might put some silicone or something around the strobe just make sure it water tight.
    good luck

5. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i going to look like a X-mas tree all the kids are going to love it lol

6. ColliganLands

haha i already have a six strobe setup 2in headlights 2 in turn signals and 2 in tails, and i just a got a fully loaded whelen liberty bar for the roof
    I dont mind looking like a christmas tree it keeps you safer and increases peoples awreness of the snow

7. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i got a full bar too got it 2 years ago and never hooked it up yet i am going to make a VID of it when i am done so i well put it up the guy making up everything as we speak and going to ship out to me this week

8. ColliganLands

haha tell me about it only i got my bar last week and rain kinda of prevented the install. ill also be posting some vids once i get everything on the truck.

9. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What kind of money do you usually spend on lights for the truck? Just ballpark?

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Can spend anywhere from $80 for a cheap strobe to several thousands on LEDs.....right now I have $450 invested in mine, 6 strobe hide-aways & LED dash light....

11. ColliganLands

its my first ruck so im kinda going all out right now im around 2050 and im done except for 2 back up lights so arond 2150 i figure.

in my old dodge 1500 that i used for light landscape work just corner strobes around 400 in that one

and my jeep that i used to use for traffic work i had about a 1500 package in that(corner strobes, whelen slimlighter superled above rear view and a phantom underocver full bar in the back window)

i dont really hesitate on the money becasue i use for many uses (plowing, towing, landscape, and also as a police explorer)

Kyle

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

mountign in the older hgeadlights require you to mount the strobe in the turn signal portion of the headlamp...not sure of location but if you get me some pics of the lights i can tell you where to drill..

you can't drill into a glass headlight..

6 outlet kits range from 250-325 on average

13. ColliganLands

good point. i didn't even think about that. thats what a long rainy weekend will do too you.:sleeping:
    thanks for bringing that up Dissociative

14. Dissociative

this is what i do...happy to help

and it sounds like samjr will be the new "northern lights" we all talk about..lol

15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Dissociative your going to light up my life or my trucks life anyway give this guy a bowtymusic

16. ColliganLands

haha it does sound like that. 12 strobes that truck is going to look like the nightclub rolling by you on the street. lol

17. Dissociative

it will be good advertising for him.....i can hear it now...at the bar,...

" hey earl, you see that dang plow truck over on the other side of town..almost caused an accident..had the whole street slowed down looking at him".."yeah i did, he sure must have his stuff together having all those nice new lights...must be a real pro that guy.."

18. ColliganLands

haha that is true i didnt think of the advertising aspect.. makes me want to get the new bar on sooner.. too bad the trucks still at the dealer(going on 6 days now):(