1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting dad's massey 44 ready for snow removal

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Nov 23, 2008.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

since i'm in the south, i decided to service my dad's massey 44 tractor. boy do i miss the KINGDOM because all my tools are there. my dad shop is set up for working on hot rods not the bigger stuff. so wrenchs are a problem. had to drive 15 miles to borrow a 1 and 5/8 socket because dad has never had to have a socket that big. the tractor is nice to work on except for the loader, it is just like working on THE ROCKET but on a smaller scale.
    i had the rad, fuel tank and air clean all serviced at the rad shop. then i picked up about $500.00 worth of seals, u-joints, fuel line, antifreeze, rad hoses and such. it sure is nice to drive to the parts store and they have everything you need and no paying a dollar a pound for shipping. by he end of the week i should have the tractor finished so we can head back to the KINGDOM.

also my dad's fancy shop has a cement floor that is extra smooth so it is slippery when you have snow on your shoe. i like my dirt floor in my little shop better.

also the book is on ebay for another 30 days.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=230309511867

thansk
    KoO

P1020263.JPG

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  2. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

i hd a good couple of days on my dad's massey 44. i brazed up the loose steering and then spent a day gettiing the new u-joint in place with the pump. i even tack welded the cups so they don't fly apart. getting smart in my old age, LOL

thansk
    KoO
    Published Author

P1020264.JPG

P1020265.JPG