1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting customers

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by boatermike3826, Sep 28, 2008.

1. boatermike3826

boatermike3826 Junior Member

hi i am new to my area with snow removal, but i have a new john deere 2305 tractor with a cab and loader and 48 inch hydralic snow blower. i need to get more customers, i also have roof rakes, but how do u suggest i find my customers? should i go door to door knocking? i have tried fliers and they didnt work. i need help, i am trying to earn money for collage. p.s. i am also looking to buy a skid loader for lots and stuff. but i need more business to make money, please help.

2. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

door knocking is the best way, i find.
  3. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Put on your walking shoes!

I am in the same situation, and am going to be hand delivering letters to potential customers this week.
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Word of mouth works great but you have to builde that up by being in the business a few years. Keep talking to people and word will spread.
  5. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

This is my 6th year plowing for myself. Every year at the end of august I send out roughly 100 post cards to businesses that I'd like to plow. In this 6 years ive gone from 1 truck to 4. So my advise is to be patient and do a damn good job.
  6. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

i gave out 80 postcards today by walking around the neighbourhood that i have my other contracts in.

best thing to do i am finding out is to stick to a specific area within a certain distance of each other saes alot of gas and driving time there fore more moola in your pocket.
  7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, what kind of reply do you get from this type of advertising?