1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truck1500, Nov 14, 2003.

1. truck1500

truck1500 Member

this is my first year snowplowing and i was wondering how you guys get your customers. i am putting flyers out and will be running a add in the paper is there anything else i could do. also do any of you know how to change your user names i wont to change it.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi truck:waving:

The first year I started my own plow business I ran an ad in two papers. I got alot of calls and quite a few accounts. Now I get all my new accounts by referrals and word of mouth. Plus every business I go to that looks like a potential money maker, I ask them if I can submitt a bid. Most of the time I never hear back due to lowballers.

Good luck!:)

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Also, it's pretty late in the year to get new accounts but you never know. It wouldn't hurt to run an ad just in case.:waving:

4. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I run an ad for the entire season. I get most of the calls in the fall but still get a few later on. I've picked up some good accounts in Feb and March. It works out well because I lose a few a year to moving, snowblowers etc.. Always looking to tighten up the route.

5. truck1500

truck1500 Member

thanks guys some of the people i mow for wont snow removal i would have started earlier but wasent sure i was going to beable to get a snowplow. did wont to get a lot of accounts and then not end up getting a blade. but i have one now.