1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting customers and contracts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by richardlewis, Sep 15, 2004.

1. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

This is my first year getting into the business. I want to start sending businesses a letter to let them know my services are here and to try to get a contract with them. Does anyone have a copy of something like this I can get some ideas from, everything I've tried doesn't seem formal enough. Also if someone can send me a copy of a contract. I also know about Sima and will join as soon as I get all my equipment.

2. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I don't have any letters for businesses, but you may just want to put an ad in the paper, or hand out flyers, and concentrate on residentials this year. I decided not to try for commercail accounts last year, my first, because of all the added liability, salting, and inexperience judging how much time it would take to do a big lot. heck, I'm still learning how much to charge for driveways. Don't bite off more than you can chew, and expect to be lying under your truck at 3 am in the snow. But that's half the fun. Good luck, and ask questions. There are some great people here.
  3. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

Thanks for the information. I put ads in already and have hung flyers. I was just trying to get small lots around my house nothing too big yet. Maybe a convenience store and there's a nursing home that's probably 100x100.
  4. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Cold Call any place you want. People are always willing to speak with someone who plows. This is a service business and one little thing can set a customer off of there current company. I have luck just going into places and asking for maint. director.just remember that if they speak with u they r unhappy.Keep them happy and have a customer for years.i have not had luck with fliers..mainly phonecalls and cold calls.
  5. rainair

rainair Senior Member

this is my new ad for 2005

opps I tried to upload it and its too big.... if someone is looking for a sample for their newspaper or nickel paper... e mail me and I will send it.. note its also an adobe file ,, must have reader

this is my reply and I approve this message
  6. pjl400

pjl400 Junior Member

copy of letter

I would like a copy of your flyer.......send to petel400@cox.net Thanks