1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting contracts signed.

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by alternative, Oct 19, 2005.

1. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

I have sent my contract out a month ago.. and only a few have responeded. Every year its the same thing. THey wait till the last minute. Do any of you have this problem. ( with your regular contracts) and How do you finally get them to sign and send it back??? thanks.. Waiting impaitently. I hate not knowing were i stand with my winter snow routes. Especially when a new account wants me to bid. But cant because if all others come in signed, then i am overloaded>>> :angry:
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The way I see it is it can snow any time after Halloween. I send out all my contracts in June with a letter stating that contracts need to be signed by October 31st or prices go up due to fitting them into the schedule at the last minute. I always get my contracts back within a few weeks but I always get new ones around this time of year also.
  3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I know just what you mean:rolleyes: I have so many contracts on the edge right now I am about to freak out:D I wish I could just fill my routes and sit and wait.
  4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Take what you can get and sub out what you need. Don't take the chance of not having any work.
  5. mikes plowing

mikes plowing Member
    from cent pa

I'm wating on the same thing. I wont to try getting some new acc for this year, but I'm trying to hold off till the end of the month to see what is up with my old ones. WHAT TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
  6. digit

digit Member

Good I'm glad to hear not everyone has there contracts wrapped up It's driving me nuts waiting on a seasonal 3 year contract on a 11 acre lot so I know if I need another loader or not. Also have some smaller comm. that I'm waiting on . I bet if we got a dusting of snow it would wake people up.
  7. EIB

EIB Senior Member

digit, were in the Finger Lakes are you?
  8. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Same here.Last year i got a dozen calls the night before and durring the first small storn we had in nov.And of course we had bids due in early sept and still have not heard anything
  9. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

This is my first year what I did is offer them a disc. if thay PAID IN FULL by Oct 31st.payup
  10. digit

digit Member

EIB: I'm from Geneva. Do you need any more had a chance on a few in Canandaigua might not be any good if there looking.
  11. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Why don't you call them and ask why they have not returned the contract yet? Then you can tell them you are closing your reciving any contracts at the old price and will also be accepting new customers after say Oct 31st but would still like them as your customer.

I beet the end of the year rush for contracts by offering long term contracts running 3 to 5 years. for the last 10 years i have always been full by Sept 15th. and have had a waiting list incase I could find room on my route.
  12. EIB

EIB Senior Member

Digit, I'm always looking for more. PM me with the info.
  13. digit

digit Member

EIB, It won't let me send private messege I don't know why It might be me I'm fairly new in this forum. Try to send me one with your # It might be to late but we could still talk.
    Well I didn't get the 11 acre job there giving the guy a chance again that did it the last several years for $1500.00 less. Supposingly they got loader and blade this year we'll see. last year they tried doing it with pickups than finally part way through the season they brought in a loader but no blade or knowledge. they would push the snow together with trucks then scoop it up and carry to edge of parking lot. Almost always late and cars going in and out while ther trying to plow. I guess thats what happens when your trying to take care of things yourself from an hour drive away.Enough said there will be others .
  14. EIB

EIB Senior Member

You have to go into your user control panel and set it to allow private messages. Them you can send and receive them. I tryed to send you one, but you have it turned off.
  15. digit

digit Member

EIB - I tryed changing things but not having any luck I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this computer stuff.:confused:
  16. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You need 25 post and 30 days as a member to be able to PM.
  17. EIB

EIB Senior Member

18. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

To all that sit on the edge of their seats waithing to get calls back on bids... This is what I do and it works for every account that I want.. In the biging of Oct. I call all potential accounts and ask if I can talk to the person that handels their maintenance. I talk to them about the weather or what ever is going on in the world today before I ask if I can submit them a bid.. Make them remember you.. About a week after I submit my bids I look at what ones I really want and I call them. I ask for the person I talked to before and I ask them If they had a chance to review the bid. This is when they will squirm.. Feel them out usally you can tell if they are leaning somewere else. If I think that they don't like the price I tell them thet I just put a coupon in the paper and I can give them a discount on what ever the price was. At this point they will say well this person can do it for this price.. NOw you know other guys prices.. tell them you will rework the price with them.. Make them laugh.. they will give you the job before they give it to a peace of paper with no voice attached to it..