1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting b!tched at for calcium residue

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Silverstreak, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Silverstreak

Silverstreak Senior Member

i take care of a large shopping mall, has anyone had luck with a product that will not leave the white chalky residue on stamped concrete?

i have been using calcium chloride, and even while ive tried to use as little as possible....it still leaves a white powdery residue

anyone have ideas?

2. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yep, tell them to STFU
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Does the contract call for Cal. ? Why not use magic ?
  4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Get some liquid and a hand sprayer if it's not a huge area to cover, I have thought about this for my downtown sidewalks but already have the cal. bags!!!
  5. tigertownman

tigertownman Junior Member

I have found a salt that works excellent and i found it at a very reasonable price.. Plus it doesnt leave residue..... Its sold at Menards at $7.48 per 80 pound bag . only $240 a pallet ... 30 bags per pallet .. it s a water softner ice melt combonation , and boy does it work well on ice and snow... just a suggestion ........