1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting atv ready for winter

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

I am going to repaint my plow what is the best type of paint to use so snow does not stick?

Also putting on new cutting edge hopefully poly on 42" cycle country.

Considering painting quad it is 87 moto 4 it is an ugly faded baby blue. how should i go about painting the plastic? what kind of paint?

Thanks for all the help

2. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

I had the front of my blade coated with a pickup bed liner similiar to Rhino lining. It has been on now for 3 or 4 years and has held up well. Snow won't stick to it.

Can't help you on painting the Quad.

3. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

See if you can find Krylon paint for plastic, I hear it is really good. I was TOLD it even "bends" with the plastic and won't crack. I'm going to try it on my sons blaster this winter. It has a certain name but I don't recall what. Good luck.

4. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 Member
    from MO.

Atv plastic and paint don't mix, it might look ok at first but it won't take long and it will look like crap. Then you have plastic that looks worse then before. Your better off buying some Maier plastic (aftermarket) it's cheaper then stock most of the time.

5. pby98

pby98 Member

i just painted my plow and used rust- oleum and it chipped. i do not recomend it.