1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting anxious?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Oct 11, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious as to how many of you are REALLY looking forward to plowing? I actually enjoy it. I had to cut WAYYYY back on accounts this year due to the anticipated arrival of my new daughter (at least that's what the ultra-sound shows) on February 14th. I didn't want to have to leave any business unfinished if it's snowing when my wife goes into labor. But, I am still doing the car dealership I work at, so I'll still be able to make some money. Just ordered a polyurethane edge from Dino, so I'm also looking forward to trying that out....

Alright, I'm done rambleing.

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking forward to plowing this season - gotta make a few $$$ somehow! :D

I'll probably need to have someone remind me of my response to this thread in a couple of months, but I find that I like the challenge of getting the lot pushed into shape and usable for others.

Besides, here in Ontario I can use blue rotator lights and be legal doing so!!! :p
  3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Blue huh? What colors do the police, fire, and paramedics use?

4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Police, fire and paramedics all use red/white, volunteer firefighters responding in their own vehicles are allowed to use green, and yellow (amber) is the old standby for tow trucks/construction equipment/etc.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post - it's too darn c-c-c-c-old to skydive in the winter anyway - might as well be in a heated truck cab on my weekends!!! :cool:
  5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Myself I can't wait to get to it. I am expecting my new urethane edge for the 10' Western HW that is on the C-70 dump any day now and that will just about complete my prep work. The K-2500 with the 7.5' Western is all painted and ready to go also. Went to a local snow show yesterday and saw a lot of nice innovative new equipment but what I've got will do for this year. I just hope the winter pans out a little better than it did last year.

'S no fun without snow
  6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I can wait a little longer before we are out pushin. Got too much stuff to get done before the snow flys.

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Boston, believe it or not has already seen flurries. Later that same day I had two calls ! :D
  8. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Nothing like a few flakes in the air to get people off the sidelines and motivated.

9. LI Brian

LI Brian Guest

I'm with Geoff, I can wait a few more weeks still have to get a lot of prep work done. We don't ususally see snow till the middle of December here on Long Islsnd.
  10. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm excited. Put on the plow yesterday, and woke up to a couple of inches of the white stuff today. And it is still lightly snowing!!!!
  11. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

oh man cant wait here! Of course by the end of Jan I will be saying different :D
  12. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... I can't wait. I'm with the rest of you though, I'll be hateing it in afew months
  13. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

After plowing for the past 25 years, I can wait until Dec. 1 at least. It's not as exciting as it used to be, but the money is good. :D