1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting an airflo ss v-box up and running

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by pieperlc, Dec 14, 2008.

1. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Looking at an Airflo ss v-box. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I've always read good things about them on plowsite. I'ts missing motor and may or may not have controls. Everything else seems to be in good shape. Wondering how much $$ it would take to throw in a motor and maybe controls. Work would be completed by us.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

A new motor, $500 to $700, depending what you buy. As far as controls go I have no idea. I do know that I had a steel V box one time with no controls so we rigged it up our way... What a pain in the A**.

Bossman

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If it were me I'd run and electric motor. Go with a 1/2hp 1800 rpm and then you can just use a rocker switch and a solenoid. You can get a motor for like $350, wiring and switch for a couple hundred more. Your not from the philly area of PA are you?

4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Nope, Illinois. Thanks, I was thinking about replacing with an electric motor as well, wasn't sure on size of that either.

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I have an old smith and the use a lesson 1/2 hp motor. You can get them for like $350 at lesson direct online.

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i bought an old v-box a few yrs ago . the motor was frozen pickup a used 12hp garden tractor motor
    for $75.00 added a throttle motor been built proof last two seasons

JR