1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

getting accounts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by bushanic, Nov 18, 2003.

1. bushanic

bushanic Junior Member

searching around for info on plowing and found this this site. man talk about info.i been reading for a week before i made a post.nice job guys. i have done my research on insur. and are working with a company now.my? is i work full time and plow for them . they sold me their old thruck 89 bronco.i am free after 6:00pm if i can make it in . I want to start a plowing business for commercial and residential just plowing. or should i sub?thanks for input.

2. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

If I read this right you are only free after 6pm to plow?

If that is the case I would start with subbing right now, unless you have the flexibility to leave work to go plow. If you go out and get contracts on your own how are you going to service them properly when you are at work?

I started plowing years ago when I was working a full time job...not related to lawn care!! I started out subbing for a few years and it worked out well. I never had to worry about finding work or the billing hassles.....I just plowed when it was convenient for me and made lots of money doing it. I had a job that knew if it snowed I wasn't coming in most of the time, but starting out as a sub is a good thing.

Subbing will just cover your behind if you get a big snow and you can't service the customer properly due to your day job...saves lawsuits! Hope this helped man.....good luck to ya'.
    :waving:

3. bushanic

bushanic Junior Member

thank for your reply .I didnt think that would work.where would i look for a sub jobs.

4. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

big lawn care/landscaping companies in your area, excavating and construction companies....these types of business' usually need extra trucks.

Also, check your local newspaper in the jobs section.

Finally! Check right here on plowsite! Go to the main page and click on "Networking". Look for posts from your area or make one yourself. Plowsite is a wonderful thing. :bluebounc

5. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Snow Services always needs subs they are all over MD DC and VA Give 703-742-8000 a try