1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a Snoway put on my TJ

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Boutallnite, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I am supposed to put on a Snoway 6.8' with down pressure on my 2000 Wrangler, tommorow. Do you guys think that is the best way to go for my ride? I will be doing driways and small lots.

2. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

That sounds like a good setup on a Jeep, you don't really want to go any bigger then that. The front axles really are not strong enough for anything bigger. Check your unitized wheel bearings for play at the end of the season. Jeeps don't have servicable wheel bearings you have to replace the whole hub at about $140 a side. To check jack up a tire, place hands at 6 and 12 and try and wiggle the tire. ANY play at all means they are wore and will effect tire wear. Other than that happy plowing!!

3. Sndun

Sndun Member

I have a '98 TJ with the same plow setup and I have zero complaints. Great choice, good luck with it.

4. Boutallnite

Well I got my new Snoway 6.8' installed today. It sags my jeep a bit, but I will put some in the back to even things out. Can't wait to use it!!!

5. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get the ST or the MT?

Derek

6. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

Get some pics.......

7. Boutallnite

I got the ST. I am glad I did I think it's the perfect size for my Jeep. Since this is still my only ride atleast for another year (sooner or later the family truckster must be purchased), I didn't want to get anything big and heavy. With the plow up I have about 2" between the bumpstop and bottom of spring. Which is Ok I hope. I will post some pics as soon.

8. dmontgomery

I have the ST as well. It rides on a 96 Toyota 4Runner. I did not get the lights.......so far that is OK.....we will see when we get more snow......

Derek

9. dmontgomery

Here it is.....looks like I will be going out a little later.......We are about to hit the 2" trigger......

Derek

10. dmontgomery

Here is my wimpy little plow rig...

4run blade down.jpg

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Hey you guys with the little plow trucks can get in where I can't with an F-250. Don't let them put ya down. I plowed with a Bronco II for 5 years. I was the driveway king, $15 a pop every 15 minutes or less. Small lots, tight areas you can't beat a small truck. Idiot guy at a plow shop asked me " know what we call your truck?" Sidewalk plower! and I said YEAH and there's a lot of sidewalks in NE Ohio.

12. dmontgomery

There's alot of snow in NE Ohio also.

Well it was a false alarm....only got 1.5 inches......off to the firehouse I go........

Derek

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  13. Boutallnite

Well that is why I got it. So I can get into spots and driveways myfriend can't. He got a big Dodge and a big plow. So that is where I come in. Ofcourse with my luck as soon as I put a plow on, no snow in sight.:(:realmad:

I got the light set up on mine. The only reason I got it is, I checked a few places for prices and a couple charged $500 extra for the lights. Found a guy who put them on for the same price as the otherw without the lights, so I figured why not.

14. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

if you don't mind me asking how much was that snow-way. I'd sure like to get a small plow like that for my TJ too!

15. dmontgomery

That is great that you got the lights for free basically.......I was quoted $500 also......I may get them in the future...but so far I have not needed them......

Mine was about $3600 for the 6'8" ST model....

Derek

16. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

Was that price for it installed? I'm kicking myself for selling my 79 F350 and now am looking for a plow for either my CJ or my TJ...

17. Boutallnite

I paid $ 3500.00 with labor & tax. I sure hope I am gona make that back this season. I tried getting a used plow. Even got a free blade with A-frame, but to put it all together would of cost me about 2 G's, so I just went for a new plow.

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

ever think of doing a new western or fisher

19. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

What kind of blade was that, and what size?
    I have an old CJ with a probably older plow, and I'd love to replace the moldboard because it is actaully rusted through in a few spots...
    Let me know what you have if you're trying to get rid of it.

-Jer

20. dmontgomery

That price for me was installed..and tax...

Derek