1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Getting a new truck

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by snowway1411, Aug 8, 2007.

1. snowway1411

snowway1411 Junior Member
    from canada

I had a Chevy s10 I just got a 2007 Silverado 1500 and was wonder if I can putt the 22 series snow plow on the new truck I realize I would have to get a new mounting bracket but is that all? will the 22 series mount up to the Silverado mounting bracket or is the bracket different ?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 22 series is not enough plow for the 1500. they don't even make a 22 series mount for the full size chevy 1500. See your dealer about trading in your exsiting unit, or sell it and upgrade. The weight of the 1500 with ballast would blow that blade up, you need to upgrade to a 26 series.

3. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

What did you end up with??

Do you have the 'new style' silverado?? If so, which plow did you end up deciding upon??

I have the 'new style' 07 silverado, and I'm undecided as to which plow to mount on it. I'd like to put a used snoway on it, but the mounts are ridiculously priced.

Let me know what you did.

northbrook@wi.rr.com

4. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I have a NBS Sierra 07 and Im going thru the same thing, decisions decision :help:

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Their mounts are equivalently priced to boss, western, fisher, etc. If you buy old plow you would have to buy a conversion kit

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i think you should all go buy a ld fisher.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fisher only allows the "homesteader" on that truck

8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

I had this discussion in a previous thread when somone i know bought a 07 extended cab 1500. he ended up mounting a used 71/2 rd on it.
    (granted its against fishers "recommendations" but it works.

PlowSite.com™ - Snow Plowing & Ice Management Forum > Industry Equipment Forums > Fisher Engineering Discussion
    all new chevy 1500 only takes a fisher homesteader?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2007
  9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hae you seen the new 1500 front end. It's a joke. NO load capacity at all. Snoway offers a 26 series but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't down grade it to a 22 series.

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

By your own admission, "The weight of the 1500 with ballast would blow that blade up"

Go with the Fisher LD and all will be right with the world. It's the last you'll even think about it. Best of luck

~Kevin

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You lift the blade you won't move the truck, the mount will ground out.

12. topdj

topdj Senior Member

anyone look at the Hiniker 700 it weights 449 no cutting of my bumper :)
    Im looking at all my options the homesteader 270 too light small pump, LD 550, RD is 630 and really a little to much plow for the 1500, I forgot what a snowway 26 weights

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

When you look at plow weight look @ the disclaimers.

Most plows are listed with-out mounts and that's the part you carry all the time. Some mounts weigh twice as much, same truck different manufacturer.

14. topdj

topdj Senior Member

yes I noticed that that weight does not include mount, which depending on brand and whether or not its commercial or personal I picked up the hiniker one today and its pretty heavy 60-80lb even saw a commercial one that mount was huge must be 200lb and it was for a 10ft plow